« Home | Press Release: RPA Begins Research Series with the... » | Make Sure That Mike Beebe Attends » | Beebe Must Investigate » | Common sense takes a vacation in Beebe campaign » | Chris Battle Responds To Arkansas Democrats' Negat... » | Will illegal immigrants be gays of 2008? » | Republican Party of Arkansas Starts Blog » | Halter Adds Another $142,085 to Coffers » | Asa & Taxes » | Stumbaugh To Hold Fundraiser » 

Thursday, December 15, 2005 

"Everything I Thought I Knew Was Wrong"

Margaret Friedenauer is a reporter for the Fairbanks News-Miner, and is currently embedded with the 172nd Stryker Brigade in Iraq.

In addition to whatever reporting she's producing for the newspaper, she's also blogging her experiences. Yesterday, she put up an interesting entry on "The view from on the ground" which was enlightening in ways she intended, and also in ways that I don't think she intended. It dealt with the situation on the ground in Iraq, and the comment she had was that "everything I thought I knew was wrong."

"Think about everything you’ve heard about the conditions in Iraq, the role of U.S. forces, the multi-layered complexities of the war.
Then think again.
I’m a journalist. I read the news everyday, from several sources. I have the luxury of reading stuff newspapers don’t always have room to print. I read every tidbit I could on Iraq and the war before coming.
Everything I thought I knew was wrong."


Go to her blog and read the full story....

(NewsBusters)

Google
 
Powered by Blogger